New Year - So Long 2017, Hello 2018!




It is the day before the new year and if you're like me the only thing you will be doing today is watching The Twilight Zone Marathon. 
I know how sad. 

I know the phrase “New Year, New Me” is so cliche, and annoying, but sometimes its great to think that way. And no it doesn’t necessarily mean to change your attitude (unless you need to), but mainly if it’s something that you’re not happy about, change it. Hate your job? Change it or better yet focus on your talents, become an entrepreneur so you don’t have to work at a job you hate. Or maybe you’re someone like me, finally realizing that there's more to life than just mopping around because your life isn’t so great.

I’m going to be honest with you. I have this life, but I don’t know how to start it. How do you start to live? Do you just wake up one day and say you know what I’m going to get up and enjoy my life or do you plan it out. I honestly believe that sometimes planning is a waste. People tend to plan out things most of their lives and end up doing nothing. While others just go out and wind up having the best days. So I believe its time to finally live my life, my dreams. I’m going to be honest it is a little scary. Going out into this world, not really knowing what the days will bring, but no one really does. It’s so funny because eventually I want to travel around the world, but I’m a New York girl and I haven’t even experienced New York! How crazy is that. Just call me the Black Cinderella without the evil mother and step sisters. Just a scary mind preventing me to go out into the world. Well, not anymore. 

This year I’m going to focus on my craft, my health, and myself mentally. And while doing that I'm going to try to enjoy every bit of it. That's my goal for 2018. Whats Yours?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts